The cradle of watchmaking
At the headquarters of Piaget, an exclusive look at a brand that has been making ultra-prestigious timepieces for 140 years.
From the shores of Lake Neuchâtel, a winding road takes us into the heart of the Swiss Jura region, to a plateau ringed with pastures and pine forests. Here, in this bucolic setting, Georges-Edouard Piaget opened his first watchmaking workshop at his family’s farm in 1874. To this day, his house in the village of Côte aux Fées remains the center of production for the Piaget company’s watch movements.
On every floor, craftsmen of various specialties are at work, assembling tiny components in a series of expert, perfectly-controlled manipulations. Pluris had the privilege of visiting this historic building, to get a glimpse of the actions and procedures that constitute the splendor of the art of watchmaking.
Crédits photo : Pluris